glitter

Thursday, March 11, 2010

27!

Today I am 27. I'm officially in my late 20's (27-29). I figured I'd dread this birthday so I decided way back yonder that I'd be excited about it. It's still early, but so far, so good. Another year older, another year wiser? Not sure about the last part... The idea of being in my "late 20's" is hard. Not because I feel different, but because if I stop and think about my life, I start to question it...I'm not where I assumed I'd be by now. And that is better than ok. Because I'm not in control and God's plans far outweigh my own.

Quite frankly I'm enjoying my life right now. Sure, I don't have my dream job right now...but it may come one day and I'm content where I am right now. Sure, I'm not married...but so many times I'm super thankful to be single! The older I get, the more I enjoy being single (and the more I want to be married...ha!). I don't have kids right now...and for that I am glad. I like my freedom too much. So if dream jobs, marriage, and kids are in my future -- bring it on! But today, I'm good with what I have. And that is a GREAT feeling.


And even though I'm 27, the conversation that took place in Wal-Mart with my mom last night is still not ok with me:

EA: I need to buy a personal product and don't want to hear anything from you about it.
Mom: Condoms?
EA: Ah...no. (Walking away...)

1 comment:

  1. oh that's hilarious about your mom conversation! and, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete