glitter

Monday, March 8, 2010

Bling

One of my dearest friends in the whole world got engaged this past Saturday! There really isn't any way I could be happier for her (and Ryan)!

I (somewhat randomly) moved in with Jenn just out of college. It was a challenging transition period for me...and that may be putting it mildly. I missed college A LOT and spent months adjusting to the real world. Jenn walked me through it and we became close friends. Since then, she's become one of my best friends. She makes me laugh, lets me pick on her, is someone I can call and I know she'll listen to me, she prays for me, she encourages me, she shows me more of who God is. She and I are geared towards different things and it is really fun to learn about the things that she enjoys (yet I don't...or wouldn't naturally).

After a rough season in her life, the Lord brought this guy, Ryan, into her life. They started dating and after a few dates, we had this converation:

Me: Jenn, when am I going to meet him?!?!
Jenn: I guess Mary's wedding? (End of March).
Me: I feel like you might be engaged by then and I HAVE to meet him before you get engaged!
Jenn: Yeah...ok, what about when you have Martin Luther King off?
Me: Perfect.

We met and it was fun. They continued to date...and I figured he'd ask her parents when they were at her parent's house for her birthday. He did. I figured he'd propse the first weekend in March. He did!

What I didn't figure was him letting me be involved...you know, since we don't really know each other that well. To be honest, tears are coming as I write this. I truly felt HONORED to be a part of the engagement planning (even talking on the phone with Ryan and emailing and it was so fun to be a part of!)...AND getting to be their on their special day.

Here was the game plan: Jenn's Ryan had her friends Ryan & Anna lure them to Charleston, so they could meet her Ryan. They got to Charleston, went to supper, hung out, and spent the night with Ryan & Anna. Then EARLY Saturday morning Ryan woke Jenn up and drove her to the beach.

Per Ryan's request, Nicole and I were hiding and taking pictures of their engagement. It was so fun and so special to be a part of their special day.  Then we surprised Jenn once again by having his and her families at lunch later in the day!  Such a fabulous day.  Loved loved loved it!!

1 comment: