glitter

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One Crazy Saturday: Part 2

I still had more things on my to-do list for the day so we headed to Northwoods Mall (its like going to a different country), where mom looked for some things and I exchanged my Proactiv. This is a funny story as well, but should be saved for another day.

I talk mom into hitting up Best Buy with me to help me look for a TV before she heads home. They had a 26" Dynex for $300, which is the BB brand, but I didn't feel quite enough comfortable to buy it. Oh well. I decide to go to HHGregg on my way home, but mom is all tuckered out and decides to head on back to good ole Mt. P. I walk into HHGregg and what do you know? They have a 32" Samsung for $350! A bigger TV and better TV for $42 more than I was planning to spend way back when in Wal-Mart. I call mom and she turns around because she, too, was looking for a TV. A nice chat with our sales guy later, mom and I each bought a TV.

I swung by Barberitos for a burrito to go and walked in the door of my house at 8:00 pm. Yes, that's 10 hours after I met mom! I took a well needed shower and then headed to meet Shannon (Who was in town...yay!) and AV out. I'm not sure the following words will do this story justice but I'm really hoping they do!

Upon walking into Locals in Mount Pleasant, I didn't know what to expect. After just a few minutes, I quickly realized it was the most similar thing to the Alpha Sig frat house at Presbyterian College I have ever seen. Down to the DJ, light show, and the dancing...oh the dancing. Now, I'm not one to shy away from a dance floor, but this evening it was much more fun to watch. To say there was grinding may be putting it mildly. There were lots of characters, including, in no particular order, a man that resembled Hagrid from Harry Potter, surfer-like-guidos, and some outfits that should have been left hanging in the closet. Older folks may have been to shy or not quite enough nimble for the dance floor had no qualms about grinding with their partner in their chairs. I'm not going to lie, there were many, many times I found myself laughing.

And what evening would be complete without playing a few rounds of flip cup? On the bar. In (plastic) shot glasses with beer and water (I was the DD). With a new-found friend. Yet nothing could have prepared me for the highlight of the evening. There was a mid-to-heavyset man in his 50's wearing jeans and a red golf shirt. Towards the end of our stint there he starts lifting up his shirt and rubbing his belly. (Are you visualizing? No, it was no appropriate!) Then he just took the shirt off completely. Wow. The next thing I know home skillet has unzipped and pulled his jeans down. They are down around his ankles. HE IS STANDING IN A BAR, DANCING AROUND, IN NOTHING BUT HIS TIGHTY WHITIES!!! Oh, how I wish this could be on YouTube for the hilarity.

All in all, our time at Locals was time well spent. The bartenders were excellent, quick to serve, and super friendly. And while the kitchen was closed by the time we were hungry, I hear they have fabulous food and some say they serve the best sushi in Charleston.*

Being the hungry ladies that we were, we headed off to Huddle House. Now, to say I am a fan of the Waffle House is an understatement. But this was my first time eating at a Huddle House and I was quite pleased. Our waitress was great and I got biscuits and gravy. (1) they were delicious (2) last time I checked, these are not on the WaHo menu. As we were enjoying our meal, our waitress brought over a side of sausage, "Courtesy of the gentlemen at the table behind you." What?!?! Now, getting a drink in a bar is one thing, but getting meat -- that's my kind of gift! Now, this was not your ordinary breakfast sausage, this was like grilled summer sausage and it was fabulous!

Since we were out in Mt. Pleasant and my small group started at 9 the next morning in Mt. Pleasant, I decided to stay at mom and dad's house. Good thing! Since our evening wrapped up a bit after 2 am. It was a long and jam-packed day, but all in all, quite a fabulous day!

* As it turns out, my dad ate there a few weeks ago and raved about the sushi and pork sandwich sliders.

1 comment:

  1. great story! and just FYI, waffle house does now serve biscuits and gravy. we're frequent WaHo visitors and keep close tabs on the menu. they're not the greatest, but they'll do : )

    ReplyDelete