glitter

Friday, July 23, 2010

Barry-isms

This past weekend I had the pleasure of staying a few days and nights on Hilton Head Island.  I stayed with my friend Weston and his extended family.  The house was great and not far from the ocean.  We ate a lot and drank a lot (but not too much) beer - which is always a good combination and makes for a good time!  His family is funny and fun to be around.  But, I have to say, the most noted person (and often the topic of many conversations) was Weston's dad.

As long as I've known Weston, I've thought his dad was a pretty quiet guy.  Well, there was that one time he had one several margaritas at an oyster roast at Courtney's house.  He was quite the chatterbox!  And got pretty animated!  It was hilarious...  My parents were also at that oyster roast and my dad still talks about how lively he was.  Apparently, all of their family knows how funny Barry is.  One beer is the admission price to hours of entertainment.  My time around him at the beach this past weekend produced some pretty funny comments:
  • Walking downstairs and asking everyone "Does anybody have any ointment?"
  • "The most fun i has in college was making a B."
  • "A wet exit with no skirt is much easier."
  • "A story without details is just a headline."
  • A 20 minute conversation about Smart Wool socks.  He was pretty much the only person in the conversation.
All in all, a great time at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment