glitter

Thursday, July 29, 2010

DMV

I've been meaning to get my driver's liscense updated with my Charleston address (my old one still had me residing in Columbia...it's been about 2 years since I lived there).  I thought I could do it online, but for some reason I couldn't make that happen.  My next idea was to submit a paper application.  This got moved to the bottom of my to-do list and the application resided on my dresser for a long time...  So Monday I decided I had to get this taken care of.  I swung by the DMV on my way home from work on Tuesday.  I walked in at quarter to 5, not sure if they'd see me because they close at 5.

Not only did they see me, but I was in and out of there with a new liscense in under 15 minutes.  I was so impressed!  These folks are certainly exceptions to the rule that DMV's take forever.  Maybe it's because I showed up late and they were ready to head home themselves, but regardless of the reason, I was glad it was so quick.  What I wasn't glad about was the fact that I forgot I'd get my picture taken.  I was having a bad hair day and so it was up in a pony tail all day.  I took it down and tried to make myself presentable.  Ha!  It's still better than my old picture -- I look strung out in that one.

Also, since I'm too lazy to wear make up to work these days it was a good photo to look at my skin.  And I have to say, the Proactiv has really worked well for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment