glitter

Monday, July 26, 2010

Just Josh

This past weekend rocked.  All the time in the car was well worth it.

After work on Friday, I headed to North Augusta to spend the night with my good friends Cameron and Jonathan.  Y'all, their patio home is so so so cute and well done!  It looks like something out of a magazine!  But more than admiring Cameron's decorating skills, I loved spending time with them.  We ate at Tacosushi in Augusta with their neighbor.  We all split queso & chips, guac & chips, and tempura fried asparagus spears -- delicious.  While you could go for Mexican or sushi, I went with sushi and enjoyed a delectable roll with tuna tartar, avocado, tuna, and yummy sauce.  Then we headed home and watched the night's episode of Friday Night Lights.  Gosh, I love that show!  Saturday morning, Cameron and I went running.  Ok, ok, she ran and I walked. 

Mary Anne met me at their home so that we could drive to Winder, GA together.  We had the best time laughing and catching up and taking in the scenery of small towns all across Georgia.  Chick-fil-A, Sonic, and a rest room stop in the middle of nowhere were all part of the fun. Also, for those of you that have never had the pleasure of riding in a car with me, my driving skills leave much to be desired...so I'm pretty sure Mary Anne was impressed when we actually made it to Winder alive. 

It was so good to get to Winder and see Mary Alice, her fiance Steven, and her beautiful moma, Susie.  We had a nice time sitting around and getting to meet/see some of Mary Alice's other bridesmaids that stopped by throughout the afternoon.  Showering, primping, and a drive to Athens later, we were ready for the big event to get started: Mary Alice & Steven's engagement party.

The party was really fun.  The food was awesome, and thanks to Josh, our fearless food leader, the 4of us below were able to enjoy the sustenance before anyone else.  Ha!  I sure do love to eat!  Brooke and Josh were really fun to play around with throughout the party!  [For some reason I'm not currently able to link...such a bummer.  Here's Brooke and Josh's blog: http://josh-brooke-vickery.blogspot.com/]  It was really fun to meet Steven's family, hang out with Mary Alice and her bridesmaids, and catch up with Mary Alice's family. 

Mary Anne was my date and such a good date she was.  As the bridesmaids and their husbands all left the engagement party to head out for a nightcap, I looked around and noticed that all of the couples were holding hands.  Of course I made a sarcastic comment to my date, Mary Anne.  Brooke heard and said: that's ok, Josh and I don't have to hold hands.  Ha!  They are such good sports.  But even better was that Mary Anne took my hand, and Brooke captured it on film. 


At some point in the evening, we started talking about blogs.  I mentioned to Brooke that they have a lot of "Just Josh" pictures on their blog and Josh is a really good sport.  At this point, Josh whips out his BlackBerry to start showing off all the "Just Josh" photos.  It was awesome.  [Typically I'd put the links to some Just Josh photos on their blog, but again, the link thing isn't working.  Thanks, Blogger.]  Brooke and Josh got the quite the kick out of the picture they took below.  Just EA!  Hahahaha. 


One of Mary Alice's bridesmaids married a rather tall gentleman.  Brooke, Josh, and I thought it would be funny for me to stand next to him and see the vast difference in height.  You know, since I'm a mere 5 feet.  I was doing my best to be stealth-like and not have anyone notice...and by anyone I mean the man I was trying to pose next to for a picture without him knowing.  As soon as I make my move behind him, Mary Anne calls me out.  Ha!  I'm pretty sure the lame excuse I gave wasn't too believable. 


We were heading to our car, when we heard some awesome live music.  I'm a sucker for good live music, especially when its outside, not too crowded, and not too hot.  We were able to snag a table right up front and I was in heaven.  Per my request, they played my theme song: Tiny Dancer.  And, boy, I danced...some with Mary Alice (one of my all time favorite dancing partners) and lots by myself. 

Random girls at the bar: Why are y'all so dressed up?  Have y'all been to a wedding?
Mary Anne: We went to an engagement party.
Mary Alice: I'M GETTING MARRIED!
The band: That's awesome! 

The band proceeded to give Mary Alice and Steven a shout out and dedicate their next song to them.  So fun!  And because I'm me, I of course asked the band to play one more song for me.  Van Morrison's Into the Mystic.  This is one of my all time favorite songs and if I ever get married and have a wedding, I'd like this song to be my first dance.  They played the song and I was thrilled!  Such a fun treat!  The band gave Mary Alice and I free CD's of their music.  All in all, a hit of an evening in Athens.  That town does not disappoint.  We headed home to Winder after a quick run through the McDonald's drive through.

Mary Alice's dad is an excellent host and cook and had us all over for a delicious breakfast the next morning.  It was the perfect note to end on as Mary Anne and I headed back to South Carolina.  I dropped her off at her car and then Cameron, Jonathan, and I ended up grabbing lunch together at Bojangles.  Good times and yummy food.  I think I may be doing Jillian 3 times this week do to my recent food intake.  Ha! 

I made it Back to Charleston around 4, met my mom at the pool for an hour or so and then made the treck back to James Island.  Home sweet home.  A great weekend...and now I'm dragging at work this morning...but it was SO worth it!





4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Thank you again for coming this weekend! I had no idea about some of your adventures that night!

    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo jealous to hear funny stories about you, Mary Ann, & Brooke! I so wish i was there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one epic blog post, EA! Freaking HILARIOUS! Thank you for documenting so beautifully...I would have butchered them with my story telling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok now i see how tall/big that guy really was...wow! haha
    had so much fun with you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete