glitter

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One of the Best Days of the Year

is Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A. July 9 provides a way of earning FREE food at Chick-fil-A by dressing up!  It doesn't get much better than that.

I did this several years in Columbia.  At our height, we had about 24 people dressing up over lunch.   I have a picture, but of course I can't find it.  Courtney and I did it twice last year.  Read about that here and here.  This year I printed out the Cow Kit (on the CFA website) the day before and suited up right before I headed out the door to go to work.  I was able to enjoy a chicken biscuit and Diet Dr. Pepper on my way to the office.  So worth being the only person dressed up like a cow at 7 am! 

There's not a Chick-fil-A downtown other than in cafeterias, so lunch wasn't happening.  But don't you worry, I re-taped my kit on in the car on my drive home.  Swung through CFA after work and racked up with a grilled deluxe sandwich (spicy no less!  yum!), fries, and another DDP.  Krissie went twice as well!  She and her dad ventured over lunch and then her mom joined them for a fun-filled, cow-appreciated supper.  She sent me pics and I couldn't help myself but post them!  Oh the life of a teacher without a summer job living with her parents for the season of sun. 


Like me, Jacqueline loves free stuff, free food is even better, and it doesn't get much better than Chick-fil-A.  She tends to rack up on Cow Appreciation Day and hit it up this year for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner.  That's dedication, people!  For lunch, she went with a whole heard of cows!  Here's a pic of some of their heard and of Jaqueline with a few smaller cows.  Cute, huh?! 
Until we meet again Cow Appreciation Day...

1 comment:

  1. nashville proper doesn't have fila! so sad!!

    but..i think i found a secret one in limps comb campus -- not sure if it is public, but i will try!!

    ReplyDelete