glitter

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Parenthood

I sometimes think I make the perfect parent.  That's because I don't have anyone to parent. 

It's much easier to be a mom in your head.  Haha!  I know that it is much harder than it looks...ok, sometimes kids in Wal-Mart make it look very hard.  And very frustrating.  And the idea that a pre-parent test should be mandated.  For these reasons, I have deemed Wal-Mart "free birth control"...but I think that's another post all together. 

Anyway, I recently discovered the NBC show Parenthood.  Until the end of July, all 13 episodes of season one are online.  I gave it a try and was hooked with the pilot.  I have since watched all 13 episodes of the first season and was sad when I finished.  Yes, the show is a bit darker than I thought it would be.  But there are some funny one-liners, rediculous and loveable characters, and some things that happen are fairly outrageous.  Yet, all are completely plausible. 

It seems like a pretty realistic view of parenting AND being in a family.  It's hard and messy and totally worth it.  Stars of the show include Loralei Gilmore, the girl from Patch Adams, a kid that was in an episode of Grey's, and the dad from Coach.

Here are some clips for your enjoyment:



3 comments:

  1. Girlfriend of course you love Parenthood! (Because I do too!!) Seriously Keith and I got hooked right away, yes he likes it too and while I cry way more than he does when watching it is so real and good. The same reasons that we are drawn to the characters on Grey's is what makes these characters so appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of that show, I'll have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete