glitter

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Learning to Pray

I may or may not have fallen in love with KP's books.  Here are a few quotes from Learning to pray. 

We are talking to a Father who is closer to us than our own thoughts. He is near, so near that no words can describe it.


If you thus pour out all your weakness, needs, troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject. It is continually being renewed. People who have no secrets from each other never want for subject of conversation. They do not weigh their words, for there is nothing to be held back; neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of the heart, without consideration they say just what they think. Blessed are they who attain to such familiar, unreserved intercourse with God.


I don’t understand how it works, but God said as we pray we must keep believing that He has answered our prayer.

I know that I have struggled with prayer as long as I have known the Lord.  I easily lose focus, have a hard time talking to someone I can't see in front of me or hear audible replies, and sometimes wonder if its worth it.  I know, the best way to grow in your prayer life and the best way to learn to pray is to, well, pray.  But it takes effort and vulnerability that sometimes I lack.

No comments:

Post a Comment