glitter

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Street Find!

Some people have a knack for finding good things on the side of the road or buying a really cheap piece of furniture and sprucing it up.  Maybe its because I don't own a home, maybe its because I lack a good eye, maybe its because I don't come from a mother that is into home decorating, but for whatever reason, I am not one of those people.  I should say I wasn't one of those people.  I was walking Sunday night in the neighborhood and spotted this on the side of the road!


So I hurried home and drove back to pick it up.  I thought it would fit in my backseat, but it turns out that my door isn't wide enough to accomodate this lilttle beauty.  It also turns out that a man driving down the road saw me looking like an idiot and stopped to help me.  He graciously put it in my trunk for me and I drove the 2 blocks home hoping it wouldn't fall out of my trunk! 

A tiny bit of paint was chipped off one corner.  Let's be honest, I think I did that while trying to wrangle this into my car.  The bottom drawer is fully functional, but the top drawer was messed up.  I saved the top drawer front piece in case I ever think of something to do with it and then ripped out the broken pieces of the drawer.  I'm using that area as a shelf.  If I ever get really crafty, I can paint the inside of that space white and get a sturdy piece of wood, and paint it white to give a more polished and elegant look. 

But for now, I think this looks pretty good for a street find!

1 comment:

  1. EA....that is absolutely FABULOUS!!! i love a good deal, or in your case, a good steal!

    ReplyDelete