glitter

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Best. Icing. Ever.

I got this recipe off of Pioneer Woman, who got it from someone else.  I made it and I have to say: it is absolutely some of the best icing I have EVER had.  And I LOVE icing!
  • Stir 5 tablespoons of flour into 1 cup of milk; then heat over medium-high heat until it gets very, very thick, stirring/wisking constantly.
  • Cool completely.
  • Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
  • Cream 2 sticks of butter and 1 cup of sugar.
  • Add the milk/flour mixture and blend for about 45 seconds.
  • Presto!  The best icing ever!  It is best when used immediately.
Pioneer Woman shows great pictures and provides entertaining comments.  Check out her version of the recipe here:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen-blog/2010/03/a-tasty-recipe-thats-the-best-frosting-ive-ever-had/

2 comments:

  1. did you just eat the icing out of the bowl? because I would totally do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did. In fact, when I made it, I didn't have anything to put it on. So all of it was eaten by itself. Seriously - it is SO good!

    ReplyDelete