glitter

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Savory Monkey Bread

I made this a few weeks ago (sorry I don't have a picture) and it was so fun and yummy.

Everyone loves monkey bread - sweet and delicious.  But I made savory monkey bread to go with dinner.  Purchase a can of biscuits and cut each one into quarters.  Roll each piece into a ball.  Then dip each ball into a bowl of melted butter.  You don't have to soak the piece, but rather douse it.  The next dunk goes into a bowl of your favorite herbs and spices.  I used salt, red and black pepper, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, rosemary, and perhaps a few others?  Arrange the pieces in a baking dish.  I used a round 9" pan.  Then of course I poured any remaining butter and spices in there and tossed in a large handful of shredded cheese.  I had 5 Italian blend, which worked well, but you could use any cheese.  Toss them all around.  Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. 

Easy to make.  Cool presentation.  Full of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment