glitter

Thursday, August 12, 2010

What's weirder?

Last night I was able to have dinner with some of my favorite Columbia friends.  I worked with Amanda in Columbia and also became friends with her husband, Nathan.  They now have a super cute little boy, Becket, and are expecting Mary Cate in a few weeks!  They took a mini vacation to Charleston and I was so glad to see them while they were here.

Becket is cute as ever and loves to dance.  And he's not afraid to be the lone dancer in the room...it seems as though Becket and I have a lot in common.  Together, Nathan and Amanda are a trip to be around.  Both from Illinois, they are still sometimes curious about Southern things -- especially Nathan.  This, coupled with his intense analytical skills, cracks me up.  They make me think, tell great stories, and love to laugh.  Who wouldn't want to be their friends? 

Over dinner, Nathan posed this question to me: in our American culture today (not Hollywood, but the average American) which of the following would more people be alarmed/surprised by: 

A 32 year old male virgin.

or

A family of 8.  Two parents.  Six kids.

My vote is on the former; Nathan's vote is the latter.  Any other opinions out there?

1 comment:

  1. 1. Agreed. Caldwells = AMAZING!
    2. I was part of the original discussion of the big family vs old virgin discussion. I'm definitely going w/ the virgin. Though I respect nathan's intelligence, faith,and as you said,analytical skills.....He has clearly wavered from his path of sound logic. in our culture...old virgin = weird. Hands down.

    ReplyDelete