glitter

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Broccoli Beef Stir fry: at home!

I found this recipe online and made it this week: 

  • 3 tablespoons peanut oil -- I used olive oil
  • 1 pound round steak, thinly sliced 
  • 3 cups chopped broccoli 
  • 1/4 cup water 
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro -- I used dried because that's what I had
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 
  • 1/4 cup tomato ketchup 
  • 1/4 cup water 
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce 
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch 
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  1. In a wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and stir-fry round steak. When browned, remove meat and set aside.
  2. Add broccoli, water, cilantro, red pepper flakes and garlic powder. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
  3. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, water, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger. Blend well, then add to skillet with reserved meat. Bring to a boil and cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.  

This turned out really well -- especially the sauce.  I would make the sauce and use it in other dishes as well.  I paired with rice and enjoyed.


http://www.cooksrecipes.com/beef/broccoli_beef_recipe.html

1 comment:

  1. Yum...what exactly is round steak though? any suggestions on what the label would say if I was looking for it at the store?

    ReplyDelete