glitter

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Some Funnies

Yesterday, a few funny things happened to me.

One.  I'm co-hosting a party in Atlanta this weekend (and couldn't be more excited about it!) and purchased the alcohol for the party after work.  Please imagine me in Total Wine, loading up my shopping cart.  Their carts are smaller than the average grocery store shopping cart...I suppose not everyone purchases loads of booze at one time?  Y'all, the first cart filled up quickly and I could barely push it around the store.  My five foot frame isn't accustomed to so much cartage, especially when the cart is filled with breakable glass.  Of course I changed my mind on bottles, had to get more and drop some off.  Then find all the different kids of beer, etc.  I dropped the first one off at the register to grab cart numero dos.  I looked quite silly with all of these carts in the store.  Luckily someone helped me load up my trunk with all the goodies! 

Two.  I'm not sure if I've mentioned this here or not, but my roommate moved to Kansas City a while back for a few months.  While she is away, a kid in the neighborhood is mowing our lawn for us.  He came to the door yesterday and was super cute (not altogether shocking, but I'd never met him before).  He was very polite and even agreed to get the mail for me when I'm out of town next month.  But I had to laugh to myself because there was quite the spinster scene going on inside the house: dimly lit den, plate and bowl on the coffee table from me eating supper on the couch in the den while watching DVR'd RHONJ, empty wine glass on the table...it all screamed spinster.

Three:  My goal for this week was to do some of Jillian's No More Trouble Zones every day.  Well, I wasn't feeling particularly up to it yesterday.  (Here's hoping for today and tomorrow!)  So while in the shower last night, I thought the least I could do was some a bit of tricep work in the shower.  Yes, I'm serious.  I picked up my new bottles of shampoo and body wash...supersized bottles I should add...and did a few of the exercises Jillian forces me to do.  Though the bottles weren't quite as heavy as my large (2 lb) weights I'd normally use, I felt the burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment