glitter

Friday, August 20, 2010

One time

I was fishing with my parents; after mom caught a nice fish, she treated herself to a Mike's hard lemonade.  (I should tell you that mom pretty much only drinks Kahlua and cream.  It's been her drink for as long as I can remember and I'm sure it always will be.  But Mom discovered Mike's for fishing because its easier to take on the boat.)  So she caught her fish, gloated, and treated herself to a Mike's.  After a bit, she said, "wow, that Mike's was strong today.  I can feel that!"  My response, "Mom, I don't think it's the Mike's.  I think its that you drank it at 10:30 in the morning.  There's a 12 o'clock rule for a reason; 11 on vacation."  Mom, "Oh...you think so?"

I get to work this morning and see that I have a voicemail from Mom: Hey, honey.  Did you know that you can drink a Mike's at 7:30 in the morning?!?  You can if you catch an 8 pound redfish!

Oh goodness... 

No comments:

Post a Comment