glitter

Monday, August 9, 2010

The few. The proud. The single.

B5 girls are throwing a BBQ shower for Mary Alice & Steven in a few weeks.  I was discussing some of the details with Maggie today.  The guest list includes our "group" from college, consisting of 16 girls.  Yes, that is a lot of estrogen in one room.

Me:  I love the irony: the only single girls of the 16 throwing a couple's shower.
Maggie: Duh because we want to meet single guys.
Me: That don't exsist...none are invited to the shower or the wedding.  I've already asked.
Me:  I mean Maggie.  I am a dork.  We know it.  I took a post it note, wrote our names down, and here are the stats for the 16:  5 married.  2 engaged.  5 dating.  4 single.  Singles = Courtney, Mary Anne, you and me.  (We are 4 of the 5 throwing the party.)

The few.  The proud.  The single.

1 comment:

  1. Just read this post and I laughed out loud... "all the single ladies put yo hands up!"

    ReplyDelete