glitter

Friday, August 13, 2010

Shoes

I come from a line of shoe-loving women (on my mom's side).  My grandmother treated herself with fancy shoes (and not much else).  My mom's aunt, my great-aunt, was known to purchase up to 6 pairs of nice shoes and would then hide them around the house.  She'd pull them out as needed.  This was her trick for my great uncle to not know that she'd bought so many shoes.  Though I'm pretty sure he noticed the credit card swipe at Bob Ellis on the bill...haha.  My mom has been a lover of shoes for as long as I can remember.  And this gene was passed on to me.  I love shoes.

But my favorite shoes are the ones Grammy (mom's mom) has given me.  We have the same size foot -- small and narrow.  And it is hard to find pumps that fit me these days.  Back in the day, Grammy bought size 6's.  Today, a size 6 pump is HUGE on me.  I even have a pair of 4 1/2's.  My grandmother is pretty anal (wonder where I get it from?) and most of her shoes are in the original boxes, the original tissue paper in them, and are perfectly labeled.  The shoes are in perfect condition -- well, until I wear them.  Sadly, I'm pretty harsh on my shoes.

I love wearing them and feeling like I'm carrying a bit of Grammy with me.  This pair is probably my favorite pair:

No comments:

Post a Comment