glitter

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Enjoying your beverage in style

Of course I took a koozie with me to Haiti.  It was perfect for my glass bottled Cokes and Prestige.  One night at supper at, you guessed it, American Style Chicken! John Paul commented on my koozie.  What was it?  I, being me, got up and walked down to his end of the table and said in my slowest, clearest, loudest words, along with hand motions, "It is a koozie.  It keeps your hands dry.  And your drink cold."  In no time I was reminded by everyone else that John Paul spoke English fluently.  Yes, of course I made an ass of myself.  What would a day be if I didn't?!  Anyway I left my koozie with John Paul on our way out of Haiti.  Hopefully he'll be using it to keep his hands dry and his Prestiges cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment