glitter

Thursday, June 16, 2011

One more thing

A few months before we left for Haiti I had a dream that I was watching a bunch of black kids play soccer in a big, open, grassy field.  I was trying to play, but not really able.  Since I don't play soccer, or any sports really, and I don't hang out with a lot of black children, or any children really, on a regular basis, I assumed the dream would come to fruition in Haiti.

At some point during the trip I realized the kids we were around didn't play soccer and there was certainly no grassy field for them to play in.  There was "the view" as we called it that we saw each time we drove out of the orphanage.  It was a grassy field, the only grassy field I saw in Haiti, was an open space with a beautiful view of the mountains.  We always tried to get good pics out of the Land Cruiser windows.

On the last day I realized this was the place the kids played soccer.  The field, the kids, the bright blue sky -- it all looked like it did in my dream.   The dream had come to fruition -- I just wasn't as up close and personal to the scene as I thought I'd be.  It was a cool blessing from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment