glitter

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Would you rather?

Wake up in your tent in Haiti one morning at 4:30 am and fart.  Only to realize it was more than a fart, if you know what I mean.  Run downstairs, outside across the campus, and to the bathroom to have an explosion, if you know what I mean.

OR

Eat a meal at American Style Chicken restaurant in Haiti and go to the bathroom before you head back to the campus.  It is pitch black, definitely a squatter, if you know what I mean, and have an explosion, if you know what I mean.  The toilet does not flush; there's a sink, but no faucet.  You toss your toilet paper on the floor because trash cans don't exist.  And when it is too late, and a bit of light shines in, you realize your aim wasn't perfect, if you know what I mean.


Yes, I shat my pants.  Yes, I exploded (literally) in a grungy public restroom.  Yes, I got the cholera in Haiti.  And, yes, I have recovered, mostly.  Thanks, Sipro!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I love you even more now that you would share this story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or would you rather vomit in a grocery bag in the tent...

    ReplyDelete