glitter

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lifelong Partnership

While in Haiti, Pastor John Paul said something that has stuck with me.  A few times he said, "I feel bad for you, because now that you are here, you are a part of us.  You come on a short term trip, but now you area a part of this ministry.  We ask you to pray for us and continue to partner with us."

I know I've only been home for a bit more than a week, but I can't get Haiti out of my head and heart.  Last night I was telling some friends about the trip and just burst into tears because I miss it.  I guess there's just so much to process through...lessons learned, thinking how this experience will and should change my life and worldview, etc...

1 comment:

  1. I got to your blog through Anna's :)
    It makes my heart overjoyed to read this - reason why short term missions ARE worth while, for many reasons, but I love what the pastor said. . . you are now a part of their ministry. . . keep sharing with your bloggers all you process - its powerful stuff for the sake of His Name! :)
    Thanks for sharing it with me :)

    ReplyDelete