glitter

Monday, June 13, 2011

My Lovee

Spending time with kids at the orphanage was incredible.  I loved our time with them and so many of them touched me in ways I hope I never forget.  As is my tendency in other relationships, I got close to fewer kids, but hope that our time together was deeper and meaningful.  I don't want to pick a favorite, but I can't help it.  Her name is Serriah (sp?) but I called her Lovee.  At 3 or 4, and a big beautiful smile, she would melt anyone's heart.

She'd run to me when she saw me and I would say, "Hey Lovee!"  Then she'd say the same to me.  A few days into the trip she'd return my, "Hey Lovee!" with "I love you."  Ugh, my heart is breaking just thinking about it...miss this little one so much.  

How could you not fall in love with this little princess?


My prayer is that she's raised up to be a light in a dark world for Haiti...rather than becoming a statistic of rape, violence, teen pregnancy, etc.  It is so hard to look at her and hope that she's able to have hopes and dreams and goals and not succumb to the junk just around the corner.



No comments:

Post a Comment