glitter

Sunday, June 12, 2011

The first night

Courtney and I scurried into the tent for a long night's sleep after a long day.  I was SO excited to hit the sack, the sleep sack.  I fall asleep to my tv at home, but the iPod would need to suffice for the week.  I popped a Benadryl and got ready.  I'm not going to lie, sleeping in the tent was hot.  Excited to be protected from the mosquitos, ahem malaria, but more excited that we had two fans to help beat the heat.  After laying there for an hour or so, I finally drifted off to the land of nod.

A street party of some sort awoke us all off and on during the night.  The pavilion attached to where were staying had a tin roof and a few nails must have come loose/out.  How would I know that?  The roof slamming into itself.  All.  Night.  Long.  Around 2 am, Courtney and I both woke up and realized it would start raining.  We got out of our bug haven to get our towels from the clothes line outside and bring them inside.  Upon re-entering the tent, all of my hair got caught up in Courtney's fan!  OMG!  Praise the Lord she was able to get it out!  I tossed and turned the rest of the night, but got enough sleep to get the job done.

Sadly, my hair getting stuck in the fan was a huge party foul: it burned the motor out.  Yes, that means that we were down to one fan for the rest of the week.  Luckily, these white gals were able to survive regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment